Friday, June 20, 2008

8mm Film



I was going through the archives today and came across some 8mm film, my husband and I took not that long ago on a trip to Miami.

It was so nice to rewatch, photographing weddings and witnessing families coming together, it reminded me of the importance of love, family & friends.

Our entire family is back in Scotland, we try to get home as much as possible and we miss them all dearly :(

Film is also a fun and creative way to document special occasions in your life. Our trip to Miami was a collaboration of taking a break and meeting my parents and their friends half way and enjoy each others company.

My parents have many an 8mm movie in the loft documenting the special moments in their life, their courtship, our births, first birthdays and parties. Which I got a hold of last year from my dad and put together on a DVD for their 40th Wedding Anniversary. It really is a great and unique way to document important days of your life or just for fun. It was an emotional moment watching the anniversary DVD and my parents were thrilled with their special gift after not seeing the footage for 20 odd years.

I'm still trying to find the files from their anniversary combination, its such a cool visit back in time. Ill post and share when I find them :D Scotland in the sixties and seventies, its pretty sweet footage. Watch this space :)

No comments: